Founded by culinary graduate Art Rodriguez and marketing maven and home cook Stephen Chavez, LatinoFoodie has quickly become a source for home cooks and foodies to come to for the latest Latin recipes, festival and restaurant coverage, cultural trends, and upcoming tasting events.
Let LatinoFoodie inspire your inner chef with these delicious recipes. From main dishes to desserts, we showcase the recipes we love.
chef Q & A
Curious about the people behind the food or restaurants? In this section, we interview some of the most popular chefs in the LA restaurant scene.
- This is part of a sponsored campaign with [ yellow tail ]. However, all opinions expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission Guidelines, 16 C.F.R Part 255. The long Labor Day Weekend is upon us and boy do we have a refreshing drink for you! [yellow tail] Sangria is a delicious mix Continue Reading...Read More
- When I think about southwest cuisine, bowls of thick, red chile pozole from Santa Fe comes to mind, or soft pillowy sopapillas drizzled with sweet honey from Albuquerque. It’s food associated with a certain city. But as we were planning our tour of the southwest and mentioned stopping by Sedona, nothing came to mind. Nada. Well, nothing food-related. When I Continue Reading...Read More
- Burritos La Palma, originally from Jerez, in the Mexican state of Zacatecas, has been satisfying the appetites of Angelenos for three years in the City of El Monte. Owner Alberto Bañuelos started his business more than 35 years ago with burrito franchises in Mexico, a total of 12, and luckily for us, one of them in Los Angeles County. The Continue Reading...Read More
- When we first got into the business of writing the food blog, admittedly, Art and I were both like little boys (Baby Hueys are more like it) in a candy shop. We’d wait in a line with other anxious foodies waiting to taste an assortment of taste-sized nibbles from local up-and-coming and renowned chefs. In that first year four years Continue Reading...Read More
- Why do we have to wait for winter to enjoy the sweet flavor of a favorite Mexican hot beverage, Champurrado? In the heat of summer, it’s all about homemade ice cream in our household. Inspired by the thick hot chocolate drink, we developed this recipe for homemade Champurrado Ice Cream, a creamy, rich delight that carries with it all the Continue Reading...Read More