Founded by culinary graduate Art Rodriguez and food marketing expert Stephen Chavez, LatinoFoodie highlights cultural trends in the food and beverage industry, becoming a source for foodies to come to for the latest product reviews, recipes, festival coverage, and cultural educational capsules.
Let LatinoFoodie inspire your inner chef with these delicious recipes. From main dishes to desserts, we showcase the recipes we love.
chef Q & A
Curious about the people behind the food or restaurants? In this section, we interview some of the most popular chefs in the Latin cuisine scene.
- It is not quite Thanksgiving without the stuffing. Whether you are stuffing your foul or serving it alongside your bird, making your own stuffing for the holidays is easier than you think. Here we have used old cornbread cut up into small cubes, but any bread will do. Simply dice your bread, spread on a cookie sheet, and bake at 225°F Continue Reading...Read More
- With Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, New Year’s, and everything in-between, it’s easy for anybody to feel the overwhelming flush of despair in the kitchen and give in to store bought sides for that first, next, and last holiday potluck. Here is a quick and simple savory side dish. The blanched asparagus will maintain their snap and vibrant color while the spicy mustard Continue Reading...Read More
- Love this time of year, when we immerse ourselves in mulling spices, squashes, pomegranates, persimmons, and pears! Let me introduce you to the Forelle pears. The light green pears with red freckles are an heirloom variety with roots in Germany. Lucky for us, we can get these little pears from farms in the Northwest from October through March. Or, Continue Reading...Read More
- This is part of a sponsored campaign with the California Milk Processor Board and Latina Mom Bloggers. However, all opinions expressed are my own. Who doesn’t need a boost of energy during the upcoming hectic holidays? Rather than picking up a can of soda or downing a glass of wine, take five minutes to make this delicious, creamy Café Tres Continue Reading...Read More
- I absolutely love the holidays, just hate all the carb-loaded foods I inhale, from cookies, tortillas, potatoes, dinner rolls, pan dulce, and sugar-laden dessert after dessert. Don’t even get me started on the egg nog! The Mashed Cauliflower with Roasted Garlic is creamy, smooth, and rich in flavor with roasted garlic, cream cheese and fresh rosemary. Creamy Low Carb Mashed Continue Reading...Read More
The LatinoFoodie Corner
Tasting Table presents an evening with Roy Choi at Sunny Spot
For $55 plus tax, your ticket includes:
•Access to the event from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
•A sampling of dishes from the cookbook including mushroom quesadillas and goat stew, plus Sunny Spot favorites like pineapple lollipops and "Cuban Nugg" croquettes
•Meet and mingle with chef Roy Choi
•A signed copy of Roy's newly released cookbook L.A. Son: My Life, My City, My Food (retail price $29.99)
•Unlimited Belgian beer and Cidre*
•9% sales tax