Founded by culinary graduate Art Rodriguez and marketing maven and home cook Stephen Chavez, LatinoFoodie has quickly become a source for home cooks and foodies to come to for the latest Latin recipes, festival and restaurant coverage, cultural trends, and upcoming tasting events.
Let LatinoFoodie inspire your inner chef with these delicious recipes. From main dishes to desserts, we showcase the recipes we love.
chef Q & A
Curious about the people behind the food or restaurants? In this section, we interview some of the most popular chefs in the LA restaurant scene.
- I was this close (pinching fingers together) to becoming a baker. But the 2 a.m. start times quickly swayed me into a culinary tract in school. Still, those two baking courses at Le Cordon Bleu aroused within me a yearning to bake. The soft, fluffy sifted flour. The rich creamed butter. The yeasty smell of warm, fresh bread. Loaves. Cakes. Continue Reading...Read More
- This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Farmland® and Latina Bloggers Connect but all opinions are my own. A big part of any celebration is food. And since my team made it to the Sweet 16 this year…it’s time to celebrate. So for their first game tomorrow expect a killer spread at my house, but what do you serve Continue Reading...Read More
- When faced with adversity, make cheese. That’s the story of a young immigrant couple back in the 1970s who began their journey making a life for themselves and their children in the United States. From selling cheese store to store in the back of their green Pontiac, four decades later, Cacique is the largest fresh cheese maker in the country. Continue Reading...Read More
- I’ve always found it a bit strange that in my predominantly Latino community we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. There are no parades like on the east coast, but it is definitely “celebrated.” Rather than squeeze my way through an over-crowded bar (that have Spanish names) with music blaring in my ears, I’d rather be cooking a great Irish meal at home while Continue Reading...Read More
- I have lived in Los Angeles my entire life, minus the few years working as a reporter back east in my early 20s. Still, there are times I visit hidden gems around the City and I sit back and think to myself, “Now, why don’t I come here more often?” It could be a quiet cove in the Malibu beach Continue Reading...Read More
Please check back for events soon.